Tuesday 1 June 2010

fbook

I’m not addicted but I do spend time on social networks. I wondered today, do I actually learn anything whilst on Fbook? I browse, flick and glimpse my way though other peoples updates, I learn about birthdays, babies, holidays, nights out, politics, books, films and music. Great, but can I use any of this in everyday life? Will any of it ever be a golden nugget of information that I’ll one day get out and polish? I looked back at the last five days of fbook updates and found; one new web site, airline charges, some DIY tips and some seventies TV nostalgia.

Nuggets:
Ryanair will charge you £40 for being 3 minutes late for a flight.
The film 'The Bands Visit' is recommended.
Need a t-shirt http://www.cuteweethings.com.au/
That a hangover can be induced by red bull and monster just as much as it can be with alcohol.
You can power wash wooden decking.
Dr. Peter Reid became a professor.
One of my best mates completed her 300th geocache today.
Your hungover brain can find animal shapes in landscape photographs (lion below)
It was confirmed that Gary Coleman had died, the actor from Diff'rent Strokes… ‘what you talking about willis’.
Twiki (pronounced twee-kee) was the best thing in Buck Rogers! Mel Blanc (Bugs Bunny et al) was the voice.
The Lions Head

©Sharon Donnelly

1 comment:

  1. Your friends are evidently more useful than mine:

    Footage of two strange looking comedy cats.
    One friend spent 11 hours at a meeting, the other 11 hours on a computer- neither got anything done.
    Al and Tipper Gore split up.
    Many are going for beers, one to a disco.
    Wedding pictures posted a year after the event.
    Some French I couldn't translate.
    And finally... it is possible that a mouse farted last night in the library.

    Loved the I heart boobies tshirt at cuteweethings!

    ReplyDelete