Friday 6 November 2009

Geek Love

Geek-love, I was asked why I decided on geeklove-sam, the answer is two fold, I read a book at university many years ago and the story and the characters have stayed with me ever since, Geek Love by Katherine Dunn. From Arturo the aqua boy to the Siamese twins and the albino dwarf they make up an unforgettable family all thanks to Mrs Binewski taking a wide assortment of drugs and pesticides during her pregnancies. This book is about love in differing forms, it’s funny and at times disgusting, and it’s the adult version of the Cirque Du Freak with a true assortment of geeks and freaks (oh minus the vampires!)

The flip side of coin is geeklove-sam came about from the words Geek – express an interest in and Love – deep affection for and in my case that’s for libraries and especially public libraries and the Sam that’s easy, my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment