Friday 19 March 2010

The Chicken read the Atlas and found Orchid park

Have you ever had one of those meetings where you try to fit random words into the conversation? If you have you'll know it can be fun and frustrating. One of my friends is completing her MSC at the moment and I challenged her to add the word Atlas to her final paper. Hard enough, until you add the other two words thrown in by others, Orchid and Chicken. My friend admitted defeat this morning, but being the good sport that she is sent a lovely email giving these little sentences in reply:

Knocked on the door and saw the Orchid on the windowsill with the sunlight shining behind it, making it glow with radiance.
On the desk was a half eaten chicken sandwich that had been discarded in favour of the Atlas which was being eagerly explored by the head librarian.Who when I entered looked up and said “oook?”

Not sure about the 'oook' myself, however my friend uses a special software due to her dyslexia that interprets her voice, I think today it just couldn't cope with her accent. I'm just glad she had little fun with the words, a five minute breather from the studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment